Cries & Whispers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Am Free

It’s official. I am single again. After ten days of silence I relented and sent him a text to which he replied “This is why it won’t work. I am too independent, and you need more love. I’m sorry.”

Now it’s time to move on. Strangely, I feel tranquil inside. I guess I already knew that it was going to end like this. It was too good to be true. I was madly in love with him and ecstatic, and what goes up must come down. Gradually the realization dawned on me that he wasn’t feeling the same way I felt for him anymore. There was no passion, just ice coolness and indifference. So down I went.

Before him there was nothing. He was my first love. Even though we didn’t consummate our love, I believe we had something special going on (at least in the beginning). Why didn’t it work? Maybe our personalities were different. Like he said, maybe I was too needy for love. Maybe it’s the cultural difference. Who knows? All I know is that our destinies converged for a moment. But we weren’t meant to be.

The cord that bound me to him has broken. Blood has spilled out. But miraculously the healing has already begun. Now I see the world in a whole new light. The bright sun shines down on me. I can see the clear blue skies again. I feel stronger. Everything is perfect. Nothing can hold me back now. I am growing wings. I am flying. I am free.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry. I know that there are people out there for each other. Sometimes it may take almost all your life to find them and sometimes it can happen early. Just remember to carry on and lead that life you want.

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You seem somewhat unstable and perhaps need to look within yourself immediately. Appearing needy and clingy is the first thing that sends men running for shelter.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Rex said…

    Maybe I need to look within myself. I need to control my heart because I get too involved. Not only when I am in love. Even in friendships, I give it my all (Maybe that's why my friends love me to death and that's what keeps me hanging on. I'd do anything for some of my friends). Relationships(gay) are hard because most gay men interpret true love as obsession. Most of them have had a promiscuous past and maybe that taught them to stay detached. They always let their heads rule their hearts. It's all about being proper and tactful and it has nothing to do with honesty and true emotions. I don't know.I don't need to conform to any of that. Infact, I don't believe I am creepy/needy/obsessed. I believe in love, I trust my instincts(even if it goes wrong sometimes) and I will always be sincere to myself. I don't want anything from anybody. But I want to be loved. Everyone wants to be loved. Everyone deserves to be loved.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not everyone deserves to be loved. Love, like respect, is earned and is not in of itself an entitlement. All relationships are hard, gay or otherwise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home