Cries & Whispers

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Love & Freedom

Here I am naked in the middle of the road, confused, misunderstood and emotionally violated. Is it wrong for someone to be truly in love? And when it’s your first love, it burns inside. The fire of passion!!! I wanted him to be there when he couldn’t and that’s all I did. It was not that I was being possessive. I could never be possessive because I believe in freedom; freedom of thought, freedom of souls, freedom from anything that binds you. So maybe I am not fit for love because love is bondage.

I was naïve. I failed to understand that people needed space and again, love restricts. Maybe I should let him be. But when you are being ignored, it hurts. Now I have a feeling that he has moved on and it’s over from his side. Then why do I keep on going back to him? Perhaps, I still love him. I could live with it if he would start hating me. But this indifference! It’s killing me. One mistake and you are done. That’s how the world is. You don’t get a second chance. Is that it? Is that what everything comes down to? Does everything have to be perfect? He said he would love me in spite of my flaws. But that’s what he said. What you say and what you mean can be entirely different.

But it has not ended, nor is it on. He has left everything hanging. I can’t go anywhere because it’s a cul-de-sac. I love him but I don’t know whether he feels the same for me anymore. If he doesn’t then maybe he should let me go. Of course, it will be devastating but I guess I will live through it. It’s better than this slow torture.

But if you are in then I tell you, no other man in this world could love you better than I. My love is true baby, and it’s heartfelt. Now you have to decide. It’s all up to you. Either you want me or you don’t. I know nothing in life is black and white. We live in shades of grey. But this time (for the sake of both of us) you have to dig deep in and see if there’s light or darkness.

Everybody wants to be free but still we all love to revel in love which keeps us from flying high. And I too, would rather be at my lover’s feet than be free (and alone).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful use of the English language my friend

    Graeme

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Rex said…

    Thank you so much, Graeme!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home